Monday, July 27, 2009

self esteem

I hate that I am not very in tune to other peoples' needs. I want to be a compassionate helpful person, but I think my life gets in the way. Anyway, I will continue to work on that forever I guess.
What do you say to a person who is getting a divorce? I have come across two friends who are in that process now and I have never really thought about how devestating it can be to a woman with children. Even though I have been through exactly that, I still am at a loss as to what to do for my friends. The best I could do is to let them know that I am available to them if they need anything and to say I hope that everything goes well for them. How korny is that? And what kind of lame excuse for a friend am I? Is there anybody out there going through this? I really would like to know if there are any people who are friends with people getting a divorce and what have you done as a friend to help them get through it. Please email me or comment on my blog.
Well, this is a heavy subject because some people are really in need of a divorce and some people are just getting out. I hope that people who are contemplating divoorce to do one thing, and this may seem simplistic, but it really does kind of put things into perspective, and that is keep a journal and write a list of the reasons you are staying and the reasond you want to leave. I hope that this helps someone.

No comments:

These are Some of My Kids Favorite Movies

  • Hero of the Rails
  • Alvin and the Chipmunks
  • Chicken Little
  • Underdog

People Who Like Me!

Blog Archive

Stuff About Me

My photo
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
44 year old mother of 3, ages 3, 6, and 25, married.

Total Pageviews