Friday, October 2, 2009

Just From Experience -Ten Tips for Younger Skin

I know everyone has heard all of this before, but it may be that it was in snipets here and soundbites there.  Well here it all is in one place, 10 things you can do right now that are free and can help you to keep your skin looking young and fresh, longer. 
1. Stay out of the sun.  I try not to go in the sun as much as possible and if I have to refer to 2 and 3
2. Wear sun screen on your face, neck, chest, arms and hands.
3. Wear a sun hat when out in the sun for longer periods of time. Say you have to be at the beach with the kids or a festival or the zoo, just make sure you have a wide brimed hat for double protection.  It may be a pain but you will thank the hat one day.  It is also imprtant to wear a hat to keep you from squinting in the sun and that brings me to our next tip.
4. Wear sun glasses as much as possible.  Constantly squinting at the sun can eventually cause your skin to wrinkle up!
5. DON'T SMOKE! nuf sed
6. Keep your shower at a lower temperature than scalding.  I know, we all love that steaming water falling down our necks and backs, just don't let it run over your face and chest.  The hot water is also proven not necessary when washing hands.  It is actually the friction and the soap that get the germs off, all the hot water does is dry out your skin and cause it to age sooner.
7. Wear lotion.  Put it on after every washing.  A night cream is also not a bad idea.
8. Get plenty of sleep.  At night all of your skin seems to be renewed.  That old addage, "I need my beauty sleep" is so true.
9. Exercise!  This may not seem to have anything to do with skin, but sweat is actually a natural moisturizer and any amount of exercise can help keep everything lifted and working properly.  Also, a little side benefit to exercise is that you feel better so you are not frowning as much or stressed out so your face will benefit. 
10. My last tip is the hardest for me to do and that is to eat right.  I suggest plenty of good stuff and not so much bad stuff.

OK, there it is.  I hope everyone who reads this will benefit from this compilation of a lifetime of reading beauty magazines and watching tv.  Hehehe.

No comments:

These are Some of My Kids Favorite Movies

  • Hero of the Rails
  • Alvin and the Chipmunks
  • Chicken Little
  • Underdog

People Who Like Me!

Blog Archive

Stuff About Me

My photo
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
44 year old mother of 3, ages 3, 6, and 25, married.

Total Pageviews